Gym Plan Layouts & Space Planning
We have created numerous floor plans and equipment specifications for health clubs, hotels, HM prison services, police & fire stations, offshore platforms along with professional sports facilities.
Before committing to purchase equipment space consideration is essential
- Measure length and width of your area and mark location of windows, doors and other important features
- Measure room height as some equipment may be too tall or impair the user
- Look at the dimensions of equipment you intend to purchase to get an idea of how it will fit into a space
- Make sure there are enough power outlets of the correct rating
- The room may need to be air conditioned; if the area is enclosed with little air flow it will be uncomfortable to workout
- Bright lighting or natural light creates a positive environment
- Leave adequate space between equipment and walls so not to damage either and allow user access
- Certain CV equipment such as treadmills and rowers create more noise than others so site them in more isolated areas where they will not create a disturbance
- Your choice of flooring is also important; a concrete floor covered with carpet or rubber matting is suitable for most equipment, wooden floors may amplify noise
If you wish us to design a floor plan send as much information as possible. We can return floor plans by email in a PDF format for you to view. When planning a facility we can offer the following.
- 2D equipment layouts
- 3D concept visualisation including virtual flythrough
- Electrical outlet positioning
- TV & audio placement for optimum viewing and ergonomics
- Equipment siting for safe effective use
- The appropriate equipment mix for the gym size and target market
We can design new as well as changes to existing facilities; and will liaise with architects or building contractors to deliver the right layout for you.